ONE MORE YEAR, MAKEA TU VIDA OPENS CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR THE COLLECTIVE EXHIBITION REHOGAR, THAT IN IT’S EIGHT EDITION WILL TAKE PLACE IN MUSEU DEL DISSENY DE BARCELONA DURING NOVEMBER 2016.
REHOGAR is a collective exhibition and annual gathering about open design and reuse/upcycling as tools for social transformation.
REHOGAR, in its eight edition, keeps committed to empower and make visible open practice of design that pose changes in current consumer habits, changes capable to generate knowledge and distributed economy, and open new paths towards social and environmental sustainability through the use of resources.
REHOGAR has seven editions os their back, fostering knowledge share and reuse of waste material to build habitat objects. Constructively divulge, making aware, training and motivating to address the situation of irrational consumerism, wastage of resources, overproduction, waste accumulation… with the intention of taking steps to move us away from “use and waste” culture tunnel, towards “use and transform” culture.
At present edition REHOGAR 8 we are calling those persons, collectives and active communities that propose different ways of living, that create their own everyday organizing, sharing and changing the way they are doing things. “those things carefully made, with selected ingredients, cooked slowly in good company”
In other words: things, objects, spaces, platforms, initiatives or projects that are processes themselves, and whose result, turns intothe start of other processes, with a look from the care ethics, in simbiosis with our environment and resources, with an open and shareable DNA, and in which highlights the idea of collective in front of projection, production, distribution and use.
REHOGAR is an exhibition with heterogeneous content, ranging from furniture and lighting proposals, machines that explore transformation processes, reviving space devices, research and publications, citizen initiatives, to platforms and repositories of knowledge exchange.
Therefore we invite you to propose your projects to become part of the exhibition:
- Objects, artifacts, tools and processing techniques.
- Research, articles and publications.
- Spaces, initiatives and platforms.
Selected proposals of this call will take part at the exhibition REHOGAR 8. The organization will take care of the shipping costs and return of the selected proposals.
In this edition, REHOGAR wants to pay special attention to Communities: people, professionals, collectives or networks that activate transformation processes other environment, and make possible its reproduction and adaptability to different contexts. Transformations made possible through Reuse techniques and open design methods, a design that grows and evolves because it can be improved for and by other people.
- Objects and artifacts made from trash
- Machines or techniques for transformation and recovery of materials
- Craft processes, semi-industrial, digital
- Optimization of energy and resources
- Consumption habits
- Space recovery
- Derived works
- Process documentation( both constructive and relational)
- Social and material resources managemen
- Opensource licenses use
- Opensource software/hardware technologies
- Platforms and repositories
- Tranformation and creation spaces
- Collaborative design and learning processes
- Bussiness models based on circular economy
- Dynamics for recovering and reusing materials
- DIY/ DIWO work methodologies
- Design for functional diversity
- Production or consumption cooperatives
Submission of proposals
Proposals may be submitted until 23: 59h Wednesday October 5, 2016.
Publication of selected proposals
October 9, 2016.
Exhibition objects must be in Barcelona before 24 October 2016. The cost of delivery/return of the pieces will be borne by the organization. Once announced the selection of proposals the organization will proceed to collect them. Those who dare to personally bring the pieces and lend a hand in the assembly will still be welcome at the present edition.
The collective exhibition REHOGAR 8 will take place from November 10 to December 4, 2016, where the selected proposals will be exhibited.
During these days they will also take place La Remezcla activities (presentations, debates and workshops).
Once the deadline for submission of proposals is completed, the Selection Committee formed by expert professionals and members of the collective Makea Tu Vida will meet. The following criteria will be valued:
- Relevance to the general objectives of the call, through the innovative and experimental nature of the proposal.
- Optimal use of tangible and intangible environmental resources.
- Involvement and relationship with other professionals, collectives, groups, associations, research teams and institutions.
- Replicability and adaptability of the project to other contexts.
- Using open source tools and free licenses to provide access to processes and dissemination of results.
Submission of proposals
To submit your proposal you must fill the online registration form before October 5, 2016:
- Each proposal will include, along with the information of the contact person, a summary of the proposal, 3 representative images and files with additional documentation considered for better understanding (videos, links, text, panels, drawings, images. ..). This will be the information to be included in the exhibition.
- If the proposal is an object, tool or transformation technique its recipe must be shared on the collaborative platform El-Recetario.net
- We invite you to submit a video explaining the project, its process, its recipe, to put it on display at the exhibition and make more understandable the proposals.
- Each person or group can submit as many proposals as they wish.
Todas las ediciones de REHOGAR
Todas las ediciones de REHOGAR